Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Baking Banana Bread




The one great thing about rotten bananas is how delicious and easy banana bread is to bake! I've been watching my bananas grow increasingly black over the past few days and I knew I had to act quickly. The recipe my family has always used is more like a guide instead of a recipe... but it always turns out well! I like mine with chocolate chips and walnuts.




 3 large ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 tablespoons butter, melted and then cooled
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon each salt and baking soda
Handful of walnuts and/or chocolate chips
First heat the oven to 325and I like to put foil in a bread pan instead of greasing it. In a large bowl, mash the bananas and beat in the sugar, then egg and butter. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into banana mixture and add desired amount of walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about an hour. Do the knife test before you stop cooking it! Insert a butter knife into the middle of the loaf and see if it comes out clean or covered in raw batter. That helps gauge it’s doneness!

 This yummy recipe left my apartment smelling amazing. I had a great morning baking with the bright sunlight streaming through my windows, singing along to one of my favorite playlists.





2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome blog u two have, Sarah! And this recipe is exactly like the one I make except I add a tsp of vanilla, but idk how much of a difference that makes, lol. I love the touch of music at the bottom to bake to, great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kaya! I'll definitely remember to add vanilla next time, sounds delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete